Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Week 19 in review... down but not out

Week 19 was supposed to be a planned down week.  It was, as I only ran 29.88 miles last week (which would have been my 10th highest week of miles if it was 2019)… On the other hand I ran 6:51 pace for 9.3 miles on Thursday (with the last 4.34 miles at 6:38 pace) which kicked my butt... but I capped  off  the week with a "long run"of only 8 miles on Sunday, my first time under 10 since my marathon taper, so I should be pretty well rested relative to what I've been doing.  I just need to keep giving myself affirmation because it's easy for doubts to creep in... I'm happy with my progress so far but constantly worried I could be plateauing or even backsliding.  

The impending doom of Covid 19 is definitely weighing on me.  Some mid term race goals that have been motivating me for the last year seem destined for cancellation and the future of racing right now seems unknown.  I'm worried I'm peaking right now and will wind up burning out or getting hurt before I ever get a chance to execute.  My looonnnggg term goal right now is a marathon in Fall of 2021... would really like to think that I'd have a good chance to BQ by then with consistent training and a bit more weight loss...  Actually, I am getting excited thinking about that so my motivation isn't entirely dead :)… Just not sure what I should be doing;  building base and mileage for the next year?!?

____________________________________________________________

In other training notes, I ran an uninspiring 8 miles today at 7:32 pace.  I was happy when it was over but I struggled the whole time.  I had a pneumonia vaccination yesterday and my arm really hurts... I think that it was a contributing factor to how I was feeling overall but who knows.  

7:32 pace for 8 miles isn't bad so I shouldn't be too hard on myself... it was just that the run sucked and I wanted to quit and climb back into bed pretty much the whole time... I've got an easy day tomorrow and we'll see if I can pull off something a bit better on Thursday.

Yearly goal progress:

GOALS:



1.  1560 (or 2020) miles run:  725.93  for the year (159.04 miles ahead of pace of 1560 but 8.11 behind pace for 2020... my down week put me behind again for the 2020 pace... However, it's better to negative split mileage goals)

2.  5000 Pull ups: 1921 (104 ahead of pace) I had a huge day last Tuesday and haven't done any since... not I have vaccine arm so might be another day or two before I can do more.

3.  5000 Pushups/Bench:  2040 (223 ahead of pace)… Unlike last week I hit 3 sets of 10 reps at 175 on Monday.  


4.  50 hour stationary bike:  20:54 hours... Hit my longest session of the year on Monday, 1hr 10 min at a 11.6+ Cal/Min effort.  

5.  Diet: At my yearly checkup the doctor commented that I lost 15 lbs in the last year.  The weight hasn't been dropping off lately but nice to hear confirmation from a second source that I have been steadily losing weight.  Probably close to 30 lbs lost over 2 years.

6.  12500 Steps a day:  694 days and counting... 

No comments:

Post a Comment