Tuesday, November 24, 2020

40 mile week, finding my stride, and getting back on track

I ran my first 40 mile week since August last week and am already 20 miles into this week.  My loosely formulated plan to cut back a bit and then start base building again seems to be working out.

Peaking and the subsequent drop in fitness has been mentally hard for me to handle.  A couple months ago I was ripping 7 minute miles and now I'm closer to 8... and it's not like I ever stopped training, but dropping from 200+ miles a month to 100+ miles is quite a difference so I guess I just need to have faith that the process is working.

2 weeks ago on Sunday I ran 11.03 miles at 8:32 pace with a 148 avg HR. A few days ago on Sunday I ran 12.50 miles at 8:09 pace with 146 avg HR...  neither run was anything special when taken individually, but the comparative jump in fitness in just 2 weeks is encouraging.

I've ripped out 331 pull ups over the last 9 days and am quickly closing the gap on my goal pace.  

Today I dropped 7.5 miles on the treadmill at 8:30 pace.  I think that's the bread and butter type of run I need to be hitting as I build my base up.  I've been probably running a bit too fast for a lot of my runs, chasing the fitness I recently had.  

One day, I need to be more disciplined about my blogging/documentation for future Ethan's sake... For now I'll just ramble through it, much like my training :)

No comments:

Post a Comment