Monday, January 4, 2021

2021: Off to a roaring start

December 29th and 30th were crummy.  I got off schedule and wound up running 4 treadmill miles on the Tuesday (29th) and 5 on the Wednesday (30th), running in the evening after work.

Thursday (31st) was near years eve.  I got a workout in, increasing the pace up to 9 mph every 1/4 mile.  I never felt great but it wasn't terrible either.  I held on for 10 total miles (avg 7:27 pace) to push my monthly total over 200 miles (200.36)…  wanted to end 2020 off right (2068.36 total miles).

On New Years day I ran another 8 miles at 8:47 pace... it started off crummy but then around the 5 mile mark, something clicked and I found a rhythm.  The next day (Saturday), I got in 9 miles at 8:09 pace and it felt easy.  

Sunday, I did my long run on the treadmill and ran 13.5 in 1:49:00 (8:04 avg pace).  Doing the long run on the treadmill was a bit of a struggle but I got through it.  My legs felt ok but I think the fact that I'm dieting maybe had an effect.  I was hungry during the end of the run and felt a bit drained... I ate after the run and my energy was back up by the afternoon.

Today, I woke up feeling pretty good and got on the bike for the first time since October.  My new strategy is to bike 30 minutes easy instead of an hour for better recovery on my day off from running.

To sum it up, I averaged 10 miles a day over the previous 4 days and actually feel pretty good.  My goal is to keep hitting easy mileage in the 8 to 9 mile range for the next few weeks to see how I feel... hopefully can build aerobic fitness going into spring and then really start killing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment