Thursday, December 2, 2021

Month 12

 It's December!  2021 is almost over.  

I got a Covid booster shot yesterday.  I seem to be doing okay but am starting to feel a bit tired about 20 hours post shot.  My arm is unsurprisingly sore.  Didn't prevent me from biking and then getting my pull ups and push ups.

Still not running but I think I'm getting close.  Possibly tomorrow, or if not I think I'll at least try this weekend.  My hip will feel fine and then I'll sit for a while and when I get up I'm limping around again.  I really don't want to test it out too soon and pay the price.  I also don't want to wait to long.  Injuries suck!

Not too much else to report so I'll give an update on my yearly goals.

2021 Goals Update

1. 10,000 pushups:  9305 pushups and on pace for 10108.  Lots more pushups recently.  I'm ready for these to be done for the year so I can check them off my list.  Should be pretty close in about a week.

2. 7500 10,000 pulls ups: Also at 9305 and on pace for 10108.  It has really been a grind to keep up this pace.  I wasn't always sure I'd make it but I definitely should be able to with 29 days left and being ahead of pace.  I've been hitting these every day lately as well and squeezing in a few extra.  Don't think I'll get these done too far ahead of schedule but I'll keep chipping away.

3. 26  38 Hours on the Bike:  I blew past by goal due to my injury and am now at 33:48.  I could just be satisfied but now I'm upping the goal to 38 hours.  26 hours was 30 mins a week, so why 38?   Because I biked 37:39 last year... so new goal is really to beat last year. 

4. 2021 miles:  2165 for the year.  No new goal here but hopefully can get at least a few more miles in before 2022.  Right now I'd be happy just running 3 miles without causing any additional pain or damage.

512500 steps a day:  Now that I'm not running this one has been a lot tougher.  I've just barely been squeezing in the 12500 but I haven't missed it yet.  I've been walking on the treadmill for 20-30 minutes in the morning after riding the bike and more after work.  Quite a bit of this has been at a brisk pace and steep incline so hopefully that's helping to offset the missed running at least a bit.  This is the one goal I can't get ahead of before Dec 31 so I'll just keep grinding.  

No comments:

Post a Comment