Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Better, bit by bit

 It's been 9 days since I've run and my hip is slowly feeling better.  Still quite a bit of pain at the source but the areas around it have calmed down so at least now I have a bit more clarity what's going on.  I'm fairly convinced it's a tendon thing which unfortunately will probably take a long time to completely heal.

In the meantime I've been hitting the bike most every day.  The bike workouts continue to improve and I've been hitting relatively high intensities.  Also road my longest ride ever (1:37:00)... I know that's not a ton of time for a cyclist but I always struggle with fatigue and boredom around the hour point on a stationary bike (I've gone longer outside but that's a totally different effort for me).

Today I took a day off from biking and walked on the treadmill.  Wound up doing 1500 feet of incline in an hours walk and about 3.75 miles.  

Overall, nothing too interesting about my training, but I'm trying to stay active and heal as fast as I can.

The next big determination will be how to start running again.  Like I said I'm still in some pain, but I think that's going to last a while and I'm hoping I can start working in some easy running while I heal.  I had originally though December 1st, but now I'm thinking I'll give it a few more days just to be sure.  I've already done some run/walking with 4 to 5 minutes at a really slow pace (10 min miles).  It was manageable but I felt it a bit the next day.  At this point I'd rather take an extra day or two off than do too much too soon and wind up with a setback.


No comments:

Post a Comment