Thursday, July 28, 2022

Burned down but not burned out

The last month has not been kind to my running.  I've battled through a 2 week bout of bronchitis that pretty much prevented me from running at all, I've overwhelmed with life obligations (family vacation, moving my mom, other household tasks) I've been exhausted, and I've been a bit burnt out.  Most of all, I just haven't felt good running.  I've had a weird tightness/pinched nerve feeling in my back and shoulders on and off dating back to March.  I'm not quite sure what is going on... not sure if it's something with my form or some kind of injury?  If it is an injury I don't think it's caused by running but has made running more unpleasant than it should be.  

All this has resulted in my running 12 times in the last month for a total of 37 miles.  Better than doing nothing I suppose.

Today I ran 5 miles at 8:20 pace and for this first time in a month I actually felt pretty good during the run.  The pace was easy, my cadence was good, and I didn't feel like I was suffering and forcing myself to take each step.  That's promising at least.

Definitely not in top fitness right now but I don't need to be.  I'm hoping that today was a sign that I'm getting back in the groove and will be able to build on this moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment