Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Still plugging along

 It has been a rough summer and frankly a rough 2022.  Just haven't had the consistency to maintain the level of fitness I would like.  I was either too busy or hurt or having breathing issues... definitely not what I had hoped for coming into the year but at this point I'm feeling more upbeat.

I've been dealing with breathing issues for months but I think I finally got those under control and with the use of an additional Advair inhaler will hopefully keep it under control.  

My other immediate struggle is with my right leg.  I royally strained something while moving furniture for my mother.  That was maybe 6 weeks ago at this point and it's still not at 100%.  At this point I'm not even exactly sure what the problem is... it's either Sciatica or some strained tendons or a strained hamstring or maybe all of the above.  The good news is that I never really felt anything pop or tear and it seems to be healing... just extremely slowly.  I'm able to run on it but it will then get stiff and tired and will bother me for the rest of the day.  

So for now, I'm just trying to get out there and get mileage in where I can.  Hopefully I can stay active enough so that when I eventually heal, I won't be starting from scratch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment