Monday, February 6, 2023

The slow road back

 It's been over 5 months since I hurt my right knee moving furniture.  Still not sure what I even hurt exactly but it's been healing extremely slow.  

It's still not 100% but at this point it seems that I can more or less run without it bothering me.

The bad part is that I'm completely out of shape.  From the end of August when I hurt myself to the end of December, I ran a total of 165 miles.  The positive side was that I never truly quit and still got a couple short runs in a week as my body allowed.  

2023 has been better, I'm at almost 100 miles for the year, and last week I finally felt like I was making some progress, logging a total of 24 miles

I ended the week with a Sunday "long" run of 7 miles and was able to average a 7:27 pace for the run and actually felt pretty good.  Solid effort but not overly painful and I only had to force myself not to stop and walk a couple times.  

Still haven't totally found my motivation yet but hoping I can get my fitness up enough so that by spring I'm ready to nail it.

No comments:

Post a Comment