Thursday, September 10, 2020

Back to the grind and week in review

I've been taking it easy lately with my race taper followed by a few days of biking.  I plan to take it relatively easy for most of September or at least for as long as I can stand it... easy meaning more biking for reduced impact and less mileage (but at solid paces).

Today I woke up early to run with the group.  The air was wet and misty but it wasn't raining.  There was a decent breeze and it was relatively cool.

No one in the group seemed that eager for a fast day.  That was okay with me, so I started out on cruise.

7:32, 7:14, 7:08, 7:21, for the first 4 miles with might heart rate staying in the 140s.  I started upping the intensity slightly after mile 4 but since most of mile 5 is uphill it was not reflected in the pace of  7:28.

For Mile 6 I really started pushing it and ran it in 6:40.

Mile 7 I let up a bit... with most of it being uphill I ran 7:13.   The last few days I had been turning around before reaching the top of the hill to run an exact 8 miles but today I felt good enough to run to the top of the hill before turning around.

Mile 8 I really dropped the hammer for a 6:17 mile.  

I still had 3+ minutes to go to get a full hour of running it so I kept going for another 1/2 mile at 6:40 pace.

I finished up the run feeling pretty refreshed.  Overall it was a solid effort with some good hard work sprinkled in but mostly manageable pacing.  

_________________________________________________________________________________

Yearly goal progress:

GOALS:


1.  2020 (or 1560) miles run:  1512.66 for the year (110.8 miles ahead of 2020 pace).  

2.  5000 Pull ups: 3517  (47 ahead of pace) 

3.  5000 Pushups/Bench:  3511 (41 ahead of pace)

4.  50 hour stationary bike:  28:13 hours... finally moved the needle on the biking.  I'm a bit behind now.  I'll see if I can do some final pushing to catch up. An hour a week for the rest of the year will get me to 44... extra 30-40 minutes here and there would make a big difference. 

512500 Steps a day:  Haven't screwed this one up yet

6. Diet... I really have been bad about controlling myself.  In theory I want to lose weight to reach my longer term goals but its really hard to care on a daily basis.  

No comments:

Post a Comment