Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Harder than expected Tuesday

My early morning group run this morning was my first run since Saturday.  I didn't really know what to expect coming into it but just wanted to put forward a solid effort.

Ran the first mile in a pretty standard 7:30 and then pretty much took off after that.  The guy I was running with had his Vaporflys on and was ready for business... We hit the 2nd mile in 7:05.  I still felt good... nice and easy at this point.  Then he started pushing the pace on the uphills during mile 3 and we ran a 6:49.  Picking up speed but I figured I'd just cruise on mile 4.  Jeff had other ideas and started pushing the pace after the turnaround I went along for the ride.  He flew down the next hill and then turned to me and said pull me up this next hill so I pushed it up the hill.  At the top of the next hill was the 4 mile mark which we hit at 6:41.  Jeff suddenly stopped running and told me he was done and to go ahead.  

I had 4 miles more to go and was already pushed harder then I planned but I decided I might as well maintain effort and just go with it. I hammered mile 5 for what was probably a mile 5 PR of 6:51 (Strava GAP called it a 6:39).  I then hammered the last 3 miles at 6:47, 6:43, 6:42.  I didn't have much left by the last mile but was able to hold pace.  

Final Stats:

8.06 miles
55:32
7:53 pace 

A few other notes:

    -This was my 4th fastest run (of 8 miles or longer for the year)

    -I ran my 2nd fastest 10K ever according to Strava of 41:58 (6:45 pace)

    -I wore my Nike Air Pegasus 2's which are a great shoe.  Probably my favorite (not counting the Vaporflys)

No comments:

Post a Comment