Friday, May 13, 2022

Signs of improvement

 After being seemingly stagnant for most of the year I'm finally seeing some signs of improvement.

Today I went out and ran a hard 20 minutes/5K (3.17 miles in 20:00).  6:18 pace with 6:24, 6:17, 6:18 splits.  Not a full out effort but hard enough that I stopped at 20 minutes instead of running 4 miles.  

I haven't broke 20 minutes for a 5K since last fall so it was a good confidence booster.  After I was done I ran another 3.14 miles at 7:43 pace.

I've dropped my mileage and have been running with higher intensity for the last 6 weeks and it seems to be paying off (I've also been exceptionally busy at home and work which has distracted and detracted from my running). Next step is to maintain the intensity while reupping the mileage.  

No comments:

Post a Comment