Tuesday, May 10, 2022

The heat is on

 It's been a hectic few weeks.

Started with the River 2 River relay.  I would have loved to do a race report but I didn't and still don't have the time and now that we are approaching almost a month removed I don't think it's going to happen.  Quick summary is I had a great time running with a great team.  Ran all day, 3 legs of 3-4 miles and was able to keep each segment under 7 minute pace.  It was hot and hilly, and my fitness wasn't quite where I'd have liked it but overall I was satisfied.  Finished up the day with a massive kick that I was surprised I had.  

As soon as I was done with the River 2 River relay I pretty much headed straight to Southern Texas where it was hot, humid, windy, and dusty.  I worked long days on my feet in the sun and kept most of my runs short but still got in runs most days and was able to amply recover from the relay.

I got back home mid last week and popped off a few good runs.  5.18 miles at 6:59 pace pace Thursday, 5.19 miles at 7:30 pace on Friday, and 6.25 miles at 6:54 pace pm Saturday.

Sunday I did my first long run in a while with 11 miles in 1:30:51 (8:15 pace).  I was dragging ass and slowed down majorly at the end but overall it was a decent run.

I took Monday off so ran hard today.  It was the first really hot day of the year (70 degrees with 100% humidity at 6am) so that didn't help8 miles in 56:53 (7:06 pace).  I started off right around 7 minute pace but mile 6, 7, and 8 were 7:20, 7:12, and 7:13.  Pretty much crashed and burned and was hurting for the whole second half of the run.  I didn't really let up much though even as I slowed some and am overall proud for pushing through the pain and not stopping, even though I wanted to.  We'll see if it pays off or if I overdid it.  

.  

No comments:

Post a Comment