Friday, April 15, 2022

Solid day at the track

 Another one week progression... Last Thursday I was stoked to run 12 X 400m at an average 6:23 pace with 200 meter rest intervals at an average 7:37 pace.  

This Thursday I was able to run the equivalent amount of hard laps at 6:10 pace and similar paced rest but with much longer intervals.  I replaced the 400m intervals with 1600, 1600, 800, 400, 400 and I replaced the 200m rest with 400m rest to compensate for the hard intervals.


I didn't even feel that good going into the day (poor night sleep and some stomach issues) and I was still able to greatly exceed what I had considered a solid effort just a week previously.  

Its funny how progression is not always linear.  I've been training and training and training and yet have not been able to put together any significant efforts.  Suddenly the last 2 weeks I've been taking huge strides in fitness. 

At this point I've done about as much training as I can possibly do to get ready for the River 2 River relay.  I would have really liked to have 2 more weeks to get ready (basically what I lost to Covid) but nothing I can do about it now.  I might hit something short and fast tomorrow (like a hard 4 miler) and then maybe 6-8 200m intervals on Tuesday just to squeeze out a few more drops but mostly I just need to taper.

Easy 7 today at 8:28 pace.  



No comments:

Post a Comment