Friday, April 1, 2022

81 and done

 The running streak died a bitter end on Saturday after 81 days.  My "step" streak of 1371 straight days of reaching 12500+ steps also met the same demise.  All due to an unexpectedly severe bout of COVID 19.  Overall I came through it okay but I felt really crappy on Saturday and Sunday and didn't get out of bed much.  By Monday I was starting to feel back to normal and by Tuesday I was ready to try my first run.  3.5 miles in 30 minutes (8:33 pace) on the Treadmill.  It felt good but it wore me out.  By Wednesday I was able to run an hour or rather 7 miles in 1:01:24 (8:46 pace).  

Thursday I woke up and cranked out 6.5 in 49:21 (7:35 pace), with 3 miles at 8.6 MPH.  This hard effort was a struggle but it also felt good and it really boosted my overall feeling of well-being for the rest of the day.  

Today I ran 5.5 miles at ~8:30 pace but 3.25 miles were at 5% incline and the other 2.25 were at 1%.  I covered over 1000 feet of climbing and 

At this point I'd say I'm fully recovered with the only remanence being a slightly sore and aggravated upper airway.  

3 days off shouldn't have much impact and might even be a net positive after 81 straight days of running.  


No comments:

Post a Comment