Wednesday, April 20, 2022

MR. BLISTER

 5 days out from my first big event of the year and I managed to get a blister on my toe. 

I was wearing my Hokas (that have almost 600 miles on them) and I was running on my treadmill (which I've done a ton so far this year), and 7 miles into an easy 8 miler the outside of my left big toe starts rubbing.  

I finish my run, take off my shoe, just to find that I had my left sock on inside out (I get dressed in the dark).  Who'd of thunk it would make such a difference!  

Good news is that I ran today (with my socks on properly) and I had no issue so crisis averted.

Today I did a mini-workout.  Started with 2 briskish miles of 7:17, 7:15 on my way to the track.  Then did 6 X 200m with 200m recovery. 


Then got another 1.5ish miles in at about 6:50 pace to finish up.

Wound up running 5 miles in 34:38 (6:55 pace) and didn't feel like it took too much out of me.

Kind of enjoyed the 200m workout with the combination of short bursts and a quicker than typical recovery pace.  2 sets of 12 of these would probably be a damn good workout.  

Today, I was just trying to turn the legs over while not overdoing it.  Mission accomplished!

Easy days plans for Thursday and Friday and then Saturday I should be ready to perform!


No comments:

Post a Comment