Thursday, April 7, 2022

Work out Thursday

Easy 5 on Wednesday to set up for a workout today.

No more junk miles just for mileage sake alone... for the next few months I'm training with purpose!  

I've been formulating today's workout for several days and finally settled on a track workout for 400 meters on 200 meters off.  The 400 meters were to be controlled efforts between 6:20 and 6:40 pace and the 200 meter recovers were to be ~60s (8:00 pace).  

I warmed up for ~2.5 miles  ,7:43, 7:19, 7:33 and then went straight into the workout with no stop.




 After the last lap I did stop running for about 10 seconds but then resumed and got about a mile cooldown in at 7:39 pace.

Although it was a far cry from where I peaked last year, it was a good effort for where I'm at now.  Particularly please on how I stayed within myself and didn't push the pace too hard early.  I was able to keep the recovery paces just about exact even though it was pretty much all by effort.  

Gonna take it easy until my long run on Sunday and hope to start seeing fitness improvements by Tuesday for my next workout.






No comments:

Post a Comment