Sunday, January 31, 2010

Wrapping up January




Last day of January! I struggled through but I made it... Now if I can just push on through February I might just be able to start doing some real running.

I capped off the month by venturing outside for the first time this year for a brisk 2 miler with my 2 dogs (a Jack Russell Terrier and a Chihuahua mix). They've been sadly neglected as far as outdoor activity has been concerned so as we headed out the door they were raring to go. We hit the first mile in 8 minutes flat and then finished up with a 7:15 second mile. I couldn't believe it but those little dogs were pulling the whole way. When we got back to the house they weren't even tired. I don't understand it... all they do is lay around the house pretty much all day and then they can go out and whip out a 2 miler like it was nothing... a short but sweet way to cap off the end of the month.

I finished the month with 58 miles run. Not great, but not a bad number to build on. Here's looking forward to February!

2 comments:

  1. Yay to go for you and your dogs. Great job on getting them out the house and going. HOpe Feb turns out a great month for ya. Take care. and Avoid the Showers at the gym. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sure had you gone much further with them they would've slowed down/stopped. my mom's dog likes to sprint when i take him running but then 10 minutes later he's trying to walk, haha. hope february holds more good training for you and you can figure out the schedule that works best with all of life's activities.

    ReplyDelete