Wednesday, August 7, 2019

3 days until race time

Today's workout:

3.06 miles 
Time: 24 minutes
Avg Pace: 7:50
Mile 1: 8:11 pace
Mile 2: 7:36 pace
Mile 3: 7:37 pace (with a slight disruption from a wild goose attack)

Mild-Medium intensity run (5/10 effort)… just trying to keep things sharp as I recover/taper for my 5K race this Saturday.

Also, I measured my cadence today via my fitbit step counter.  4087 steps taken over 24 minutes which works out to 170.29 steps per minute.  

Lots of mixed information out there on the internet about ideal cadence... at 170 I'm not sure this is something I want to mess with... Right now I'm running mostly injury free and feeling mostly good so we'll keep things copesetic for the time being... but I'm sure I'll circle back to cadence eventually. 



No comments:

Post a Comment