Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Another killer hill workout - NRC ACHIEVEMENT UPDATE

8 X Hill workout on Maher road.

5.02 Miles
38:05
7:34 Pace

Went out at solid but easy pace and hit the first mile at 7:57.  Hit the hills between 1.5 and 3.5 miles.  Mile splits for the 2-5 mile were 7:18, 7:29, 7:37, 7:28.  Paces were about 30 seconds faster than a similar 8 X hill run I had done in May. I'm really starting to love running hills again.


Leaving the house this morning I didn't really even have a plan for the day.  I just knew I wanted to run at least 5 and as I approached the hills I thought "why not a hill workout... it's been awhile".  This was definitely a workout day so recovery run tomorrow.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Also, a bit late, but some updated NRC achievements from my 5K race last week.

Fastest mile went from 6:38 to 6:20.

Fastest 5K down to 20:11 from 21:57. (although truly this was 20:25).

Fastest 1K from 4:03 to 3:52.

Ignoring the GPS discrepancies, it's always good to see improvements.  Not sure when I'll run that fast again with no 5Ks planned in the immediate future but definitely room to improve in the farther, longest, and 10K and above categories.




No comments:

Post a Comment