Monday, August 26, 2019

SUNDAY LONG - NEW ACHIEVEMENT

10.19 miles on Sunday at 8:16 pace.

Hit my first mile too fast at 7:53 at what felt like an easy jog but then dialed it back.  Mile 4 was my slowest at 8:32.  Started picking up the pace mile 6 running 8:19, 8:16, 8:21, 8:13, and 8:08 for the last 5 miles.

Steady effort the whole way and pretty much hit my groove and felt great.  My legs were tiring by the end but my aerobic system felt fine... I was getting hyped up and singing along to my music the last 2 miles like I used to do in the good old days.  Full runner's high in effect.

After I got home I rested a bit and then mowed the lawn. Then took the kids to the park.  Fatigue really wasn't an issue like it's been after my long runs... all I'd want to do is sleep all afternoon in the past

This last week I've really felt pretty great.  I've been finishing runs strong, my pace has steadily improved, I've been tuning up my diet and have been craving healthier foods.. I even lost a few pounds for the first time in months.

_____________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment