Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Another Week Bites the Dust (Week 16)

THOUGHTS ON WEEK 16

Week 16 is in the books.  I've felt a few small twinges of my motivational waning here and there but as I see the weeks peel away it gives me a jolt that rekindles the fire.  It's good to know that every run (regardless of if it's a "good" workout or not) is more mileage into the bank.

Finished the week with 45.5 total miles.  Took Saturday off instead of going for the 50.  I find myself needing to pile on the self-affirmation for being "smart" and taking days off instead of pushing myself to achieve arbitrary mileage figures taken over random samples... still the concept of 50 miles a week is intriguing.  I just remind myself to be practice patience so that I don't get hurt or burn out... mostly it's working so far.

________________________________________________________________________________

SUNDAY LONGER RUN

After taking Saturday off, I felt  pretty decent on Sunday and whipped out a new long run record of 16 miles.  Technically I broke the run into two segments, a 15 mile run and a 1 mile cooldown immediately following so no "official" record.  I would maybe consider this one of my best long runs to date.  I ran a slightly different route then typical, utilizing segments of my normal route but going in the opposite direction and taking several detours during it, including running a loop through a cemetery and running through a field.

My mile splits, just like my run, was all over the map:  7:54,  8:17, 8:25, 8:07, 8:08, 8:38, 8:53, 8:07, 7:14, 8:26, 8:14, 7:03, 8:08, 8:03, 6:30  …   8:48 cooldown

A couple really slow miles in the middle while I was just loafing about and enjoying the day.  After that I started loosening up and started playing with the pace a bit.  Not sure what kind of training effect this style of run had but I had fun!

Total:
16.01 Miles
2:09:02
8:04 Pace

___________________________________________________________________________________

TUESDAY WORKOUT

Another solo run for me today.

8 miles
59:06
7:23 pace

7:23 felt pretty easy today.  Starting to get a better feel for what "easy" hard runs mean.  Nothing hurt too bad except for some of the hill climbs.  The final hill climb during mile 5 got the heart rate up to 162... which still isn't all that fast.  We'll see who shows up Thursday and maybe I'll push the pace.
________________________________________________________________________________

WEEK 16

Yearly goal progress:

GOALS:


1.  1560 (or 2020) miles run:  612.62  for the year (135.24 miles ahead of pace)…  (or  5.52 miles behind pace?!?)…  so this first goal is a bit fluid.  I initially set it to 1560 which equates to 30 miles a week (30*52=1560)… but I was also thinking that running 2020 in 2020 might be a cool goal as well, but wasn't sure if this was an overreach.  at this point I'm close enough and far enough along in the year to better evaluate and feel that 2020 may in fact be in reach.  Primary goal is still 1560... would love to get 2020 but will not push past my limits and wind up getting hurt just to achieve it. 

2.  5000 Pull ups: 1643 (112 ahead of pace)…  last couple times doing these have seemed tougher.  I'm knocking out sets of 12 but just feel fatigued overall.  Might just be the time of day I've been doing them. 

3.  5000 Pushups/Bench:  1702 (172 ahead of pace)… 100 pushups in one day this week with a set of 40 and then 60... warming up is essential for me to hit a max... go figure... also hit 12, 12, 12 on the bench at 165

4.  50 hour stationary bike:  16:38 hours... skipped my bike workout Monday for the first time this week.  might need to make that up but sleep felt so good!!!

5.  Diet:  April is not turning into the month I hoped for... I think I'm doing okay with limiting snacking.  May have lost a smidge of weight or at least not gained.  Would like to find a way for a short term focus that would allow me to drop a lb a week.  

6.  12500 Steps a day:  672 days and counting... Garmin streak at 47 days

No comments:

Post a Comment