Monday, April 13, 2020

Week 15 in Review - plus New Achievements

I'm proud of myself!  Final mileage for week 15 was 36.1 for a step back week.  I had 36.1 by Thursday morning and then took Friday and Saturday completely off (minus sprinting around with the kids, a hilly hike, and a lap around the block with Maya).  I really wanted to do the 4 miles to hit 40 for the week but I fought the urge and went for the recovery instead.

Going into Sunday's long run I felt pretty flat from the time off.  It took me about 8 miles to really start feeling the flow again. I ran about 8:10 pace for most of the way oscillating between low 8:00 to 8:20ish depending on the terrain and my feel.  Average HR of 144 (77%) for the run.

Once I finally found my rhythm, things went a lot smoother.  It was 50 degrees, sunny, and not too windy for the most part.  A couple of miles into the wind near the end but at least it was a warm wind and also more like 10 mph vs 20 mph like it has been.

Finished up the run with a new achievement in terms of distance and duration:

15.41 miles
2:05:17
8:08 pace

The run was .35 miles longer in distance then my previous record and 2:59 seconds longer in duration.

After the run I was pretty bushed for the first time in several months.  I wound up laying down and sleeping for a couple hours to recover and then felt relieved enough to mow the lawn (although still fatigued).

(I also want to point out that my 10K and 13.1 have dropped since my last achievement posting.  These both occurred during my 1/2 marathon in February... It's difficult to officially claim these as I know that I actually ran 13.1 in 1:30:55 that day.  Not sure if it was a course distance, GPS distance, in directness of running route by me, or a combination of factors that account for the almost 3 minutes of discrepancy)


_____________________________________________________________________________

Yearly goal progress:

GOALS:

1.  1560 miles run:  558.51  for the year (115.23 miles ahead of pace).  
2.  5000 Pull ups: 1519 (99 ahead of pace)…  forgot about these for a few days... time to step it back up
3.  5000 Pushups/Bench:  1548 (128 ahead of pace)… I hit some bench on Friday at 165.  Then hit it again today, 12, 12, 12 @ 165 followed by 50 pushups...  those 50 felt good too.  Maybe on Friday this week I'll go for a straight pushup record.

4.  50 hour stationary bike:  16:38 hours... strong workout on the bike today 1:01 minutes at 11.49 calories per minute

5.  Diet:  This weekend sucked for my diet.  I ate a ton of junk food and sweets on Friday night and Saturday.  Paid for it a bit on my Sunday run I feel.  Weight is right at 170 right now.  Really want to drop 5 more pounds by August but have a really tough time with my will power...  I have a total sweet tooth and all this running makes me famished!  
6.  12500 Steps a day:  665 days and counting... Garmin streak at 38


No comments:

Post a Comment