Wednesday, April 1, 2020

April 1st - No time for foolin'

Ended March with a new high mileage month.  184.65 miles for the month which was 8.75 miles more than my previous record in January.   With a new month brings new goals... this month I'm going to see if I can reign in my diet again and shed a few more pounds.

Weight loss is always a struggle.  I love to train hard but I also love to eat.  For the most part I eat pretty healthy and as long as I'm exercising I don't gain weight but I have a hard time maintaining a calorie deficit and actually losing weight.

That's not to say I've been completely unsuccessful.  I started aerobic exercising consistently again on Feb 26, 2018 and over that 2+ year period I've lost roughly 25 pounds.  After an initial gradual lost I hit equilibrium at ~177 lbs.  Then in January 2020 I really focused on cleaning up my diet and was able to drop another 5 lbs... this was achieved through a bit of portion control at major meals and cutting out most snacks and junk food... It wasn't exactly even hard, but just took some dedication and focus.  At the end of January I was at ~172 lbs and I've been holding steady at that weight ever since.

Right now I feel pretty good;  Fit, fairly trim, healthy.   I just know that if I can shed a bit more weight it will definitely help my running performance and probably spare my knees a bit as well.

...So for the month of April I'm going to refocus my efforts on cleaning up my diet to see if I can drop another 5 or so pounds.

My ultimate goal would be to hit the low 160s for a standard everyday weight with the potential to drop another 5 or so pounds for serious racing weight.

Stepping on the scale today:


Would be nice to see a 167.X by April 30.

_____________________________________________________________________

Sidebar:

Today's workout - 5.51 miles recovery on the treadmill.

5.51 miles
48:59
8:53 pace
AVG HR 128 (~69% of max)

Really easy run that felt damn good.  It's starting to get light enough, early enough that I could have run outside but I wanted to watch the walking dead while I ran plus the treadmill really controls my effort level for the easy runs.

Hoping for a domination run tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment