Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Week 27 (and 1/2) in review

Summer is truly upon us.  It has been particularly hot the last 2 weeks.  Temps above 70 even at 4 in the morning with a nearly matching dew point.  I've left every run soaking wet from sweat and it's definitely taken 15-20 seconds off my pace.  Hopefully, if I can train hard through the summer I'll hit the fall with better fitness than ever...  last year I felt like I really hit my peak at the end of August/beginning of September so hopefully I'll experience the same this year.

I knocked out a mileage high last month of 210.88 miles, chasing 309k as part of a virtual distance challenge.  I signed up for the July rendition and am chasing 309K (192 mile) again for July.  Might be a bit harder, as we have a mountain vacation planned this month but we'll see how it shakes out.

After a record mileage month of June, I started out July with an easy week of 43 miles (including 2 complete days off!!!)

Ran a 15.17 mile long run on Sunday at 8:03 pace.  It marked some firsts for me...

-It was my first time running without a shirt on (in many years).  It felt really good and really helped with the heat. It was on the Rock Island trail so I wasn't self conscious... probably still wouldn't do it running around Brimfield but maybe some day if it was hot enough

-It was my first time "fueling" on a long run (in many years).  I bought Gatorade before the run and carried it with me to about the 2 mile mark... took one swig before dropping it off... then it was there for me at the 13 mile mark where I stopped and chugged the bottle.  I could really feel the effects at about the 14 mile mark when I felt an almost euphoric boost of energy.

It was a good overall run... miles 8-13 were sub 8 pace and mile 12 and 13 were 7:23 and 7:35 so some decent effort worked in.

Yearly goal progress:

GOALS:


1.  2020 (or 1560) miles run:  1115.23 for the year (66.6 miles ahead of 2020).  


2.  5000 Pull ups: 2607  (11.37  ahead of pace) I'll hit a bunch and get ahead then I'll take a week off... need more consistency but whenever I get fatigued the extra curriculars like strength training fall to the wayside

3.  5000 Pushups/Bench:  2593 (2 behind pace)…Haven't benched in 10 days... see above

4.  50 hour stationary bike:  25:51 hours... Haven't biked since my last ride... see above.

512500 Steps a day:  Haven't screwed this one up yet

MONTHLY GOAL:  309k in July... 49.98 miles for the month... that's 26.0% of the way there with 25.8% of the month complete... in other words, right on pace, even after an "easy" week last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment