Thursday, August 13, 2020

Targeting a Time Trial

Tuesday's track workout hit me like a load of bricks.  The volume was relatively low but the intensity was high.  I'm kind of surprised at the effect to be honest.  I've got some aches and pains that I haven't felt since about a year ago when I first really started training.  Not sure if it was the effect of the one workout or a cumulative effect from a couple weeks of hard workouts.

Wednesday I took it easy and ran 7.14 miles at 8:24 pace (1:00:05 total duration).

Today, I felt a bit more recovered and did 7.01 miles at an average of 7:53 pace.  I ran the first 4 miles at ~8:14 pace.  Then picked it up for a 7:44, 7:40. 6:55 finish.  The last mile include 5X surges at a stride effort.  Maybe about 50 meters a piece?  I was going to do strides but settled on doing these surges instead.  

Legs are still pretty tired though and I'm far from tapered.  I plan to do about 4 miles tomorrow at true recovery effort so hopefully with Wednesday and Thursday being easy days and Friday being recovery, I'll be in position to at least put forth a respectable effort on Saturday for my 5K time trial.

Target is to break 19 minutes (again).  I'd think this should be pretty easy to do, but you never know.




No comments:

Post a Comment