Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Track workout 4

13 days out from my first real race in 7 months.  Just about the perfect time for a final track workout to put some finishing polish on my training.

My left hip was hurting yesterday morning and I was a bit worried but the foam roller seemed to do a pretty good job of releasing it.  Following that up with some Ibuprofen seemed to do the trick.  

I headed out the door for my ~1 mile warmup as I jogged over to the track.  My legs were a bit tired from Sunday's long run but mostly they felt okay.  I wasn't completely confident in my ability to run fast but it seems like once I get on the track the pace finds me.

I had a general plan going into the workout but somewhat played it by ear... my initial idea of running 2000, 1600, 1200, 800, 400 instead became 1600, 1200, 800, 600, 400 with 400, 400, 400, 200 rest intervals.


Overall a good workout. The last laps of each interval hurt but not too bad.  I stopped and walked after each one for about 50 meters but recovered quickly and was able to jog (I never stopped my watch so the recovery time and pace include the walking).

My hip felt fine the whole time... so far it has seemed that fast running improves most of my niggles rather then aggravating them.  Probably due to crisper running form at faster efforts? 

Always some top results to be had at these workouts (although GPS inaccuracy may have partially contributed).





No comments:

Post a Comment