Monday, June 21, 2021

Building back up

 Last week I got in 4 runs... Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and then took Saturday off, mostly due to time constraints from other commitments but also because a day off now and then doesn't hurt, especially while I'm building back up from a short down period.

Yesterday I ran my first "long" run in almost a month.  It was only 12 miles but it was 75 degrees out so I didn't want to over do it...  don't over do it has been my mantra for a while now.  Finished up with a time of 1:35:31 and a pace of 7:57.  I think the pace was pretty good for a relatively easy effort.  

Followed it up with 4 today which I ran easy but didn't feel great... I have asperations of running a workout tomorrow... maybe on the track?

Next target on my agenda is the local 5K in August.  Should be plenty of time to build up as it's about 8 weeks away and I'm not really starting from scratch but I'm hoping to break 18 which might be a bit lofty for a summer race at this point but we'll see...  I'm going to try to commit to hitting the track for some real speedwork for the next 8 weeks and see what happens.

...One more note... not sure if I can trust the scale but suddenly I'm in the 163lb range after being in the 167-168 range for quite some time.  I went on vacation and vastly reduced my mileage but also reduced my snacking due to being on vacation.  I think I've been eating a bit less lately but not sure if it was appreciable enough to explain the weight loss especially with the mileage reduction...  assuming it's true I'll take it.

2021 Goals Update


1. 10,000 pushups:  6390 on pace for 13560.  Started back at it today with 3 sets 50, 60, 60.  Hoping this is the start of a big week.

2. 7500 10,000 pulls ups: 4616 on pace for...   9795...  Been hitting these hard again trying to make up for lost time.  75 today with 5 sets of 15.  Will try for a big week here to with the goal of getting caught back up before July.

326 Hours on the Bike:   18:56 for the year... still no movement here.  

4. 2021 miles: 1172  the year and on a pace for 2487 .  Year pace continues to slip but I'm building back here as well.  Might be another couple weeks til I'm back over 50 mpw again but you never know



No comments:

Post a Comment