Monday, June 28, 2021

Weekly Recap

 Followed up my track workout with an easy effort on Wednesday.  7.25 miles in 1:00:06 which is a 8:17 pace.  Followed that up Thursday with a more moderate effort of 7 miles in 53:50 which is a 7:40 pace... first mile was 8:06 and the rest were under 8:00.  Didn't push to hard and felt okay...  never quite know if I'm going to hard or not hard enough.  Last mile was 7:04 but I was pushing it at that point but still not hurting.  Friday I ran 5.35 in 43 minutes (8:02 pace).  

At this point I've run 10 days out of the last 11, averaging about 7 miles a day so I took Saturday off.

Sunday I went long and slow.  15 miles in 2:06:47 (8:26 pace).  Slowest long run in a while but it was hot and humid out and I was feeling it.  HR was pretty much at 140 the whole time.  Only long run over 12 miles in June and first 15 mile run since May 16th.  Good to be getting the mileage in again.  10th run of 15 miles or greater on the year... only ran 7 runs of 15 or greater last year so... winning!

Monday (today), I woke up late after staying up til midnight watching the Olympic trials and so only ran 4.05 miles in 33:19 (8:13 pace).  Another hot humid day but I felt okay.

I'm mostly feeling okay right now, just trying to build back up the endurance a bit and stamina as I adapt to summer.  Another track workout planned for tomorrow.

Almost 1/2 way through the year.  I'll save my progress report for July 1st.





No comments:

Post a Comment