Wednesday, June 2, 2021

May Recap

Another month in the books, here's some highlight from May 2021:


  • 223.86 miles at an average pace of 7:40.  My 3rd highest mileage month and definitely my fastest.  
  • I ran back to back 60+ weeks for the first time to start the month before tapering back a bit as I approached my end of month race.
  • I ran my fastest mile (in recent history) at 5:40 and my fastest 15 miler at 7:11 pace.  
  • I ran a killer 5 mile tempo run at 6:12 pace where I felt great and a not quite as killer 10K at 6:09 pace where I felt just okay.

I finished up the month feeling a bit burnt out and flat... I raced my goal race 10K meeting but not exceeding my goal.  I was kind of ready for a break.

Now we're in June and I ran 8.36 yesterday and then 8.67 miles.  Just slow and easy pacing of 8:10 yesterday and 8:14 today.  The runs have felt great.  Back to how I was feeling mid-May.  I'm kind of relieved to have the race done and be back to base training.  I really like racing but I also just like running for the sake of running.  

June will be easy.  I won't plan workouts but will run fast if I feel like it as the month progresses.  We're going to the mountains so that should be a fun week of slow, high altitude, high elevation gain runs... and in the back of my mind there is the marathon I plan to run in October.  The one I haven't officially signed up for yet and the one I could start training for next week if I were to follow an 18 week training plan.

I do plan on signing up but I don't plan on following a strict training plan.  I've been doing well running by feel so far and that's what I'm going to keep doing.  I plan to build up my mileage and see how I feel.    

2021 Goals Update


1. 10,000 pushups:  6100 on pace for 14552. 

2. 7500 10,000 pulls ups: 4255 on pace for 10150   

326 Hours on the Bike:   18:56 for the year.

4. 2021 miles: 1086.45  the year and on a pace for 2592



No comments:

Post a Comment