Tuesday, March 22, 2022

78

 Just came off my hardest week of the year.  54 miles at 7:48 average pace.  7 seconds a mile faster than my 2nd fastest average pace which was last weeks 60 miles at 7:55 pace.  Factoring in the previous weekend I had a 5K race on Saturday, a half marathon at 7:26 pace on Sunday, speedwork at the track Wednesday, a 7:23 10K Friday, a 7:03 10K Saturday, and a 7:58 14 miler on Sunday.  I can feel the fatigue but nothing too bad.  Did a really easy 3.5 miles on Monday which is one of my shortest runs of the year then 8 miles on the treadmill today at 8:23 pace.  Between rain and travel I'll probably be taking it relatively easy the next 3 days as well so hopefully it results in some good recovery.  

Plan to run another race on Saturday to see if I can improve off last weekends effort.  Of course Saturday morning is once again the coldest period in a couple week span, but at least it's supposed to be 32 degrees as opposed to 10 degrees.  Not going to purposely taper for this one either but based on my schedule I should hopefully be at least somewhat rested up.  At the very least I'd think I could break 20.

Overall I think my training is going pretty good.  Haven't gotten as much intensity as I'd ultimately like but the weather just hasn't cooperated.  I'm definitely not at the fitness I was at last year at this same point but I'm also I start shaping up faster and ultimately surpass last years peak fitness in the next month or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment