Friday, June 28, 2019

3.1 Miles Hard

After a recovery day on the bike yesterday, I hit the road for a hard 5K.

It wasn't a full out time trial, but definitely pushing out of my comfort zone.  First 1.5 Miles were relatively comfortable but the last 1.5+ miles I'd grade at a pain level of 7.

Splits were:

Mile 1: 7:18
Mile 2: 7:04
Mile 3: 6:54

5K result of 21:59... 35 seconds faster than my previous fastest 5K training run this year and 25 seconds faster than my 5K race time from last years old settlers day run.

Total average pace of 7:06 per mile.

First mile was relaxed, tried to stay relaxed through the 2nd mile... then pushed hard no the 3rd to keep going and not quit!

Also, a 1 second improvement on my mile (but no improvement on my 1K?!?).  Below are my updated results:




Additionally, this was my first time breaking the 50 miles in a month barrier for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment