Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Need for Speed

4X400 speedwork with warm-up and cooldown:

Track day today.  First speed work at a track since high school so I decided to just dip my toe into the water with 4X400 meters.

My goal pace was 95-100 seconds per 400.  Here's what I ran:

1.  85s
2.  92s
3.  95s
4.  85s

So... technically too fast and I'm still getting a feeling for pacing.  However, to be completely honest I wasn't really trying that hard to make pace...  I just wanted to enjoy the feeling of running fast and getting my legs working hard... I would say 90% effort.  Felt some hard training pain right in the gut... mostly a good thing.

Jogged 400 meter recover between each lap and then jogged home.

Other notes:  I've been taking Ibuprofen before runs to manage the shin pain and warming up and stretching my calf muscles.  Left shin is getting better everyday.  I was really worried I was going to take a break from training a couple weeks ago but I rested a week and it's been getting better since (fingers crossed).

Total Stats:
Miles:   3.6
Time:   28:35
Pace:    7'56"

No comments:

Post a Comment