Monday, June 24, 2019

Altitude training

Just got back from a much needed vacation to the mountains. (3500 ft elevation)

Was able to get in 3 runs during the week of about 3 miles each (slow pace) and a bunch of hiking. 2 days in excess of 100 flights of stairs climbed according to fit bit and 400+ flights for the week.  My legs are tired but feel stronger!

After getting back I ran a 7 miler on Sunday.  Being on flat ground and sea level made an obvious difference.  The hills of Brimfield were very easy to climb relative to last week.  I roughly shot for 8:00 pace and wound up finishing up with 8:02 pace.  I pushed fairly hard but not full effort by any stretch (maybe 80% effort?).  My 5th mile was ran into a strong wind and really slowed me down (8:17 pace) and my final mile was 7:30 pace.

Ran another 5K on Monday at recovery pace (8:45).  This was a bit of a push after yesterdays long run but I felt good the whole run (just tired but no real pain).

Did wind up setting a new PR for 10K on NRC.  Decided to start posting my achievements every time I get a new one so I have a place to look back.


No comments:

Post a Comment