Thursday, June 13, 2019

Recovery Run 1

I can feel my mind, body, and attitude slowly transferring back into run mode.  I've been working my way back slow with a lot of cycling and really slow build up of the running miles.  Running a recovery run today of 2 miles the day after my first speed workout marked my first back to back run in a while.

First mile: 8:58
Second Mile: 8:34
Avg. HR: 139

Felt great and didn't really even break a sweat.  Maybe the first time I actually felt natural and enjoyed the run without having to fight my body to keep a proper stride and form.

Also, glad that I seemed to have gotten through yesterdays mini-speedwork without being much worse for wear... looking forward to hitting the track a few more times this year to see how my toughness can progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment