Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Need for Speed part 2

After last weeks vacation in the mountains it was time to get serious again with another trip to the track.

I didn't sleep great last night and felt tired going out the door. I didn't feel great approaching the workout but decided to go for it anyway.

Wound up doing 2 800m repeats and a 400m lap with 400m recovery between them.  One mile warm-up and ~.5 mile cool down.

1.  800m,  3:06 (6:12 pace)
2.  800m,  3:08 (6:16 pace)
3.  400m,  93s  (6:12 pace)

Sort of intended to run 3 800 meter repeats but just wasn't feeling it today.  My workout schedule in general and even my interval sessions are very loosely structured right now... really just running by feel as I slowly start building up mileage and intensity.

Also, while Googling myself searching for old race results I stumbled on the photo below... didn't remember that I ran 5:28 pace back when I was 15 years old.   Don't foresee besting that mark anytime soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment