Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Recovery Running

I keep reminding myself that recovery is as important as training and racing so figured I'd post some quick updates.

Still sore after my half-marathon but recovering and feeling better every day.

Sunday and Monday, I just did some light walking.

Tuesday I got in an hour on the exercise bike at a medium-hard effort.

Today I did my first run.  4 miles on the treadmill at 8:48 pace.  I planned to do 5 but my leg started hurting at 2.5... then I figured I'd just do 3 but then I pushed it to 30 minutes and eventually to 4... hard to stop once I start so shame on me.  Just some tightness in my right quad.  I don't think it's anything major but I rolled it out and will plan to bike again tomorrow instead of running.

Then maybe another easy run on Friday (hopefully I'll get that 5).  Rest on Saturday, and then a longish run (8-10 miles) on Sunday.  Just trying to lay out plan and stick to it so I can play it smart so I can build off my recent performances, instead of pushing too hard and getting hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment