Friday, February 28, 2020

8 more miles

Yesterday I ran a recovery run of 5.5 really easy miles at 8:44 pace.  Heart rate didn't really ever go above 130.  (looking back a year ago I ran 3 miles at 8:39 pace and my heart rate averaged 160)…

Despite the recovery day I woke up this morning feeling like absolute shit.  Just totally wonked out.  I sat down with my coffee and very seriously considered taking the day off.  I was really commending myself for making the smart decision but then I got to thinking, maybe I'll just run 4 miles cuz what else am I going to do at for the next 2 hours before work.

Then next thing, I was on the treadmill running and after warming up a bit I thought how bout I just run 5 miles with 3 miles at 7:30 pace.  So then I got to mile 5 and figured 1 more mile at 7:30 pace to make it an even 1/2 hour... and then I slowed it down to 7:47 pace for a mile, and by then it was 7 miles and I'd been running for like 53+ minutes, so I figured I'd run an even hour.  And once it hit 1 hour I was at like 7.75 miles so I figured I might as well just do 8 miles... and that's how I ran 8 more miles.

8 miles
1:01:51
7:44 pace

So right now, I feel pretty good.  Not nearly as crappy.  Might need to consider some rest soon, but not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment