Monday, February 17, 2020

Recovery Week in Review (Week 7)

Last week was a true recovery week.  Ran twice 4 miles on Wednesday and 3.2 miles on Friday.  Biked twice (Tuesday and Thursday), and took Sunday, Monday, and Saturday completely off.  Spent way less time on my feet atop of that (~30,000 less steps then typical)…  was way lax on my diet.  

I feel more flat and lethargic then rested to be honest but in the long run I'm sure I'm better off.  

I have a bit of a sore right quad from my half-marathon that I'm nursing but I don't think it's anything major.  Probably would have trained through it if it was a couple weeks ago.

Ran 6 miles on the treadmill yesterday at 8:11 pace and another hard bike ride this morning.  All my bike rides this year have been quality so that's a positive.

I really get a lot of satisfaction and self-confidence from pushing my workouts so recovery weeks are not good for my psyche.  None the less, it was in the plan and I stuck to it so hopefully in a couple weeks I will look back and be proud of myself for training smart.

Plan for this week is to get the mileage back into the 20's with mostly easy miles.  Then back into the low 30's next week with more easy miles.  That should set me up for a good March of upped intensity training. 

My next venture seems to be the River-to-River relay in Southern Illinois.  It's an 80 mile, 8 person relay where each person runs 3 times (~10 miles average).  Shouldn't be to bad but I want to be competitive.  Probably will look to do a few 2 a days in March to condition my body for it.

Yearly goal progress:
GOALS:
1.  1560 miles run:  223.73 for the year (14.88 miles ahead of pace)
2.  5000 Pull ups: 696        (41 ahead of pace)
3.  5000 Pushups/Bench:   685 (30 ahead pace)
4.  50 hour stationary bike:  8:07 hour  (a bit ahead after some extra biking during recovery week)
5.  Diet:  The diet is on life support.  Haven't gained any weight but haven't lost any for a week or two either.  Still snacking a bit less and a bit more conscious to not stuff my face and buy a bunch of junk food but have been eating sweets every day, snacking after work before dinner, and even bought a candy bar from the vending machine last week.  Small goal for the week...  No sweets until the weekend!
6.  12500
Steps a day:  608 days and counting... Had a few close calls last week with 3 days at 12,800 or below.  93,180 for the week (13,311 a day)... 16,814 per day for the year (down from 17,437).  With minimal running there was a lot less stepping.  Bike days are hard too since the bike tires me out (no pun intended) but doesn't get me many steps.  Overall, another sign that I had a real recovery week.

7. 10 Races this year:  Still on 9.  Was planning on one for mid-March but looks like I'll be attending my daughters Tae Kwon Do tournament instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment