Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Train hard Tuesday

Got woken up at 2 am by my kiddos and never got back to sleep.  Eventually just got myself up and was headed out the door by 4am for my newly arranged Tuesday group run.

I was tired from lack of sleep and tired from running 50+ miles last week.  Wasn't really sure what the day would bring but as we embarked at a 7:40 pace for the first mile it didn't feel too bad.

We hit some rolling hills for the first 4 miles.  Jeff, Grant, and myself kind of took turns pushing up the hills so the pace stayed honest.  By mile 6 I was feeling pretty fatigued and felt some cramping in my left quad and some tightness on my inner left knee.  Jeff and I were letting up a bit and the Grant pulled away.  At the 180 of the out and back I was about 50 feet back from Grant.  I kept thinking I should let up the pace but I just couldn't slow myself down.  I made up some ground on some downhills and wound up 20 feet behind Grant, where I stayed for the rest of the run.  Mile 8 and 9 were 7:08 and 7:12 pace.

Final stats:

9.49 miles
1:10:06
7:23 pace

Another great run.  It was hard but not too hard.  I was tired but not as tired as last Tuesday.  Hoping that if I run really easy tomorrow I'll go into Thursday feeling much more spry.  A couple months of these types of efforts and I think I'll be in really great shape.


No comments:

Post a Comment