Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Keeping things in perspective

I did not want to get onto the treadmill today.  I was not feeling it.  Is it because I'm fatigued or was running Saturday and Sunday on the road enough to get me off my treadmill game?

The first couple miles were rough and it got better but never felt great.  I got myself up to 7:30 pace and dipped down to 7:24 pace for the last couple miles.  Partly to get a bit of effort in and partly to get the run done quicker.  I got my HR up in the high 150s, low 160s by the end and held it there for 15-20 minutes. 

In the end, I finished with 6.5 miles in 51:19; 7:53 pace.  

So what can be said... an uninspired treadmill run which was lacking in noteworthiness in regards to distance, pace, or effort.

On the other hand… despite being uninspired, I still got it done.  Today's run put me at 103 miles for the month, making it my 14th straight month over 100 miles.  Consistency might not be glamourous but that diminish it's worth.  

It's cold.  It's winter.  It sucks.  But I own my own treadmill.  It's been working great.  and I've been getting it done.  By spring, I should have another 500+ miles under my belt and then we'll see what I can do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment