Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Mission Accomplished

Did not feel particularly enthused this morning.  Legs were fatigued more than normal.  Sunday's fast paced long run really took it out of me... it was a great workout but definitely not something I should be doing too often at least not at this point.

Regardless, I had a mission to accomplish.  Today I was the day I would finally reach my mileage goal for the year.

I started out with a mile walk on the treadmill to loosen up.  It seemed to do the trick as my legs started feeling a bit better.

Then 5.25 miles in 42:20 (8:04 avg. pace)… started out slow and ramped up to 7:47 pace for the last 3 miles.  HR stayed mostly low, getting up to the mid 140s by the end but averaging 136 BPM.

And as of that run I am officially at 2020.33 miles for the year.  2020 for 2020!  Plus 5000 pushups and 5000 pull ups... nothing left but 8 more days of 12500 steps to meet all my goals.  

Starting to plan my goals for 2021.  Should be similar to 2020 but some modest increases.  The main thing I really need to focus on is losing the last few pounds.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment