Monday, October 4, 2021

Limpin on in to the finish line

 Not literally limping but I'm definitely not as enthused as I should be about running a marathon on Sunday.  I've been downplaying it in my mind this whole time but secretly hoping I would pop-off come race day and deliver an unexpected performance.  Now I'm not quite as confident and am not sure I'll even be able to hit my initial conservative goal at my current fitness.  

To top it off the weather has been crap this last week with heat and humidity back up and Sunday is right now projected to be the hottest day of the next 15 with a low of 66 and a high in the 80s.  Seems like a sufferfest.  Time goals might be out the window and I'll just run for fun.  

Putting aside any expectations I am looking forward to the experience.  I'm not going to jog it... just plan to run the effort I feel is right on that day have fun with it and see how it shakes out.  





No comments:

Post a Comment