Friday, October 1, 2021

It's October

 235.75 miles run in September.   My 2nd highest monthly total ever.  Would have hit a high except I started tapering the last 2 weeks and it shaved off just enough mileage to keep me under my 244 mile record.

I've been feeling a bit flat lately.  Maybe it's just from tapering?  Could be the time of year...seems like it's the 3rd October in a row where I've felt like my fitness was on the decline.

I ran 6.27 miles today at a 6:51 pace.  It was really a struggle though.  My HR didn't get too high but my legs just didn't seem to want to turn over any faster.  I suppose this hasn't ever been exactly easy for me so maybe my expectations of myself  are just higher then they used to be.  

No point in fixating on all this now.  9 days til marathon time.  My goal pace is 7:15.  A few weeks ago I thought that could be doable but now I'm questioning myself.  Hopefully come marathon day I'll wake up feeling ready to go.  Right now my legs are just stiff and flat... no pep at all.  Plenty of time to get over that though.

I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment