Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Nothing special Tuesday

Easy run today:

5.05 miles
41:48
8:16 pace

Splits
1.  8:40
2.  8:26
3.  8:21
4.  8:07
5.  7:53

Temperature of 57 when I left the house definitely helped as I left the house for an easy 5 miler.  The sun was just starting to crest over the horizon as I hit the road.  Running by feel, I really just tried to enjoy the run.  Each mile, the pace steadily crept faster but my HR stayed in the low 140s.  Ended the run a bit faster but the breathing never labored... nothing special today, but I'm really enjoying the feel of my fitness building as I put in the miles.

Aches and pains: Felt a twinge in my right thigh and a tweak in my left Achilles during a short segment at about the midpoint of the run but didn't seem to have lasting effects.  Also, I've noticed a mild bit of achy knee pain/stiffness lately... This is the first time I've ever had any pain related to the knees themselves... probably just part of getting older but hopefully nothing that will be long term.  

No comments:

Post a Comment