Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Wednesday Workout - new 10K Achievement

Last night included a giant loaded bacon cheese burger from 5-Guys, Cajun fries, and a crappy night sleep.

I exited the house at ~6am.  The sun wasn't up yet and it was mildly raining... just a sprinkling but enough to be a nuisance.

Starting the run, I didn't feel great overall but my legs felt okay so I decided I'd hit a workout level run.  My initial thoughts were a 7 miler at a sub 8 minute pace.  I hit the first mile at 7:54 pace and felt ok.  Now that I was warmed up I picked up the pace a bit to tackle the hills and completed the 2nd mile at 7:18 pace...  At this point, I would have kept going straight for another mile if I was doing my typical 7 mile loop but the rain was dampening my spirit (and shoes) so instead I turned left and headed down the road for my typical 4&5 mile loop.  At the turn off for my 4 mile loop I turned again and headed back towards town figuring I'd get in the rest of my mileage in town so I'd have more flexibility to cut the run short if the rain got to be too much...  Also at this point I was thinking Tempo run.  I completed the 3rd mile in 6:57.  Then pushed on through the 4th mile at 7:00 pace.  After the two 7 minute miles I was starting to hurt a bit more than I'd planned for this run so I eased the pace a bit while deciding I'd continue on for 2.2 more miles and try to set a new 10K PR.  After easing up I hit the 5th mile at 7:13 pace and then backed it down a bit more on the last mile for 7:25 pace which felt pretty good at this point.  However, I was tiring so I kept full focus on maintaining good form and mechanics.  I pushed through for another .25 to hit the full 10K.

Final stats:

6.25 Miles
45:33
7:17 pace

New achievement:

Fastest 10K reduced by 2 minutes and 34 seconds to 45:12.


No comments:

Post a Comment