Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Workout Wednesday (Steady State Seven)

In my recent efforts to build mileage I've added a medium long run (currently 7 miles)  into my mid week training the last 2 weeks.  This has been taking the place of the shorter more intense workouts I was attempting during 5K specific training.

Since this is a workout day I've been picking up the pace a bit and executing it as a steady state run... meaning sustained effort at an easy-medium pace.

THIS WEEK                                                  LAST WEEK
7.05 miles                                                        7.02 miles
54:18                                                                54:31
7:42 pace                                                         7:45 pace
First 4 miles (7:50 pace)                                 First 4 miles (8:01 pace) 
Last 3 miles (7:33 pace)                                 Last 3 miles (7:23 pace)

Started faster this week but ended a little bit slower... overall more steady state.  It was also 12 degrees cooler last week so the heat had some marginal effects on my perceived effort and overall comfort level.  

First mile was 8:02.  2nd mile (hills) was 7:48.  3rd mile 7:41.  4th mile 7:48. 5th mile 7:49.  6th mile 7:37.  7th mile 7:12 (vs 6:51 last week).  

Overall a good run.  I didn't finish the run feeling quite as good as I did last week but I ran faster, paced better, and maintained an easy-medium sustained effort.  

__________________________________________________________________________

Also effecting my comfort level... serious nipple chafing.  SO MUCH BLOOD!  


No comments:

Post a Comment