Friday, November 8, 2019

Adapting to the treadmill

There's only one thing I hate more than running on the treadmill and that's running in the cold! Actually, I don't hate running on the treadmill... it's just so boring and unnatural!  It's tolerable but not enjoyable... feels more like work then fun.  But it was 14 degrees when I woke up this morning so treadmill it is!

This was my 7th run on my home treadmill since I bought it, but the first treadmill run I'd categorize as good (i.e. quality).

7.40 miles
1.0 incline
1:00:09
8:08 pace

Miles 4-6 were ran at 7:30 pace...  Found I was able to hold this effort pretty well and running faster made it at least a little more fun.

Today's workout brought the weekly mileage total over 30 miles (30.74).  May try to get in a few miles tomorrow as well but we'll see before my long run on Sunday.

Looking to be a long winter but I'm hoping I can persevere so that I can really excel next spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment