Wednesday, November 13, 2019

My longest long run, some treadmill work, and a treadmill workout


Sunday was nice (39 degrees!) so I got off the treadmill and back on the road.

Added 1.11 miles to my farthest distance and 10:25 to my longest run time.


Total distance: 12.15 miles
Time: 1:42:37
Pace: 8:26

Started off slower than typical (by intent) with a 8:41 mile and hovered around that pace for the first 6 miles.  Slowest mile was mile 4 at 8:58.  Started picking it up at mile 7 with a 8:27 and ran in the 8:20s for miles 7-10.  Closed strong with a 8:11 mile followed by a 7:33 last mile.

Started with my "typical" 8 mile loop but turned by the high school track and did the hilly section of my 4 mile loop.  Mile 9 was the hills and straight into the wind... things got easier after that.  Besides the distance record, nothing particular exciting about the run.  Pretty much felt good the whole way and was happy I was able to control my pacing properly.

Monday I hit the treadmill for 4.02 miles at 8:46 pace.

Tuesday I was at a hotel in Blytheville so hit the hotel treadmill for 4.25 miles at 8:34 pace.  I feel great for this run and my left hamstring starting cramping a bit at the end but it seemed to quiet down once I stopped running.

Wednesday I was back home and decided to try to up my treadmill game with a tempo workout.  Ran 5.53 miles at a 7:35 average pace.  First mile was at 8:49 pace to start and gradually worked to 8:00 pace.  2nd mile I gradually worked down to 7:20 pace.  Mile 3 I ran at 6:59 pace and mile 4 I started at 6:49 pace for the first half and then 6:40 for the 2nd half.  Then backed the pace off to 8:00 for the last 1.53.  

The quick pace felt pretty good and I never got breathing too hard.  I listened to music for the tempo part and focused form and staying tall and loose.  Took more focus by the end to hold form but was mostly ok.  Lots of concentration to keep from falling off the treadmill!  8 minute pace felt like a slow jog after.

No comments:

Post a Comment