Monday, November 18, 2019

My first 1/2 marathon (length long run)

On Sunday I added another 1.14 miles to my farthest rung and 5:45 seconds to my longest run.

Also, recorded my first 1/2 marathon length run which resulted in a 1:46:24 training PR.

It was 32 degrees on Sunday morning but I convinced myself to bundle up and hit the road at 8AM for a long run.  With the gear I was wearing I felt pretty good for the first mile... I worried that I was going to overheat but I never really did, in fact on one of the later miles into the wind I was quite glad to have it.  

I had 13.1 miles in the crosshairs.  Took off at a 8:13 first mile that felt easy.  Slowed down to 8:20 on the 4th mile which was my slowest mile of the run... not sure why that 4th mile is always slowest... starting to think it might be mental… or maybe its a gradual/hard to perceive uphill stretch?

Cruised along the rest of the run feeling pretty good.  Knees have been a bit wonky but they came around after a couple miles.  

Started feeling the fatigue the last 3 miles but stayed focused on my form and finished fast with a 8:07, 7:55, 7:49.  

13.29 miles
1:48:22 duration
8:09 pace

Was pretty wiped out after the run and spent the rest of the day lounging.  Still fatigued on Monday so I did a easy 45 minute bike ride to loosen up.  Hope to hit the treadmill/run tomorrow for some more mileage.





No comments:

Post a Comment