Monday, March 2, 2020

Week 9 in Review

On Friday, I had 38.55 miles for the week... completely planned on running a few on Saturday to get to 40 miles.  Instead I took my own advice and took the day off.  Totally the right decision and I'm proud of myself for being smart for once.

Sunday, I felt refreshed and the weather was great except for the typical hellacious wind... (blue sky, sunny, over 32 degrees).  I took off for a 8 AM 12 miler.

12.21 miles
1:32:58
7'37" pace

First couple miles were ~7:30 pace until I settled in... ran the rest around 7:45 for a while.  Then at mile 8-10 I was running straight into a 15+ MPH wind... with me running 8 MPH that's more like a 20-25 MPH wind.  That's the stuff that makes you tough!  Not really enjoying it but I'm building a certain mentality of powering through these windy sections and may learn to love it one day... reminds me of how I learned to love hills!  I'm sure I slowed down a bit, before picking it up the last couple miles for a strong finish.

I'd know more about the run splits, but my apple watch lost enough run...  I go to hit stop after my run and it freezes up and then crashes.  It's been a month or more since this happened so I though maybe it had snapped out of it.  It's not the end of the world but it irks me... enough so that I finally decided it was time to cut my losses and buy a Garmin.  Looking forward to some serious nerding out on some run data.

UPDATE:  Miraculously, my 12 mile run magically showed back up on my watch today (first time that's ever happened).  Too late, Apple Watch, I you already forced my hand and made me buy the Garmin.  You can't win me back now.  I can document my splits now for posterity.

Mile 1. 7:36
2.         7:28
3.         7:41
4.         7:44
5.         7:44
6.         7:36
7.         7:27
8.         7:44
9.         7:46
10.        7:44
11.        7:42
12.        7:11

  • I'll either look back at these one day and think they're fast or think they're slow.  Depends on how things progress.
  • Seems like 7:44 pace was where my body really wanted to settle at.  
  • I really expected to be slower on miles 8-11 since they were uphill and into the wind but I was really grinding here to fight through the conditions so it must have offset (same pace, more effort).

Yearly goal progress:

GOALS:
1.  1560 miles run:  264.29 for the year (29.86 miles ahead of pace)
2.  5000 Pull ups: 875       (28 ahead of pace)
3.  5000 Pushups/Bench:   910 (63 ahead pace)
4.  50 hour stationary bike:  10:16 hours (over an hour ahead of pace)
5.  Diet:  Going to try and get things back under control for March.  Holding steady at 172 lbs but want to be down another 10 lbs average.
6.  12500
Steps a day:  622 days and counting... 17,100 a day for the year.

7. 10 Races this year:  Still on 9.  Looking like River 2 River Relay will be my next race unless I track down an early April 5K.




No comments:

Post a Comment